If your business is located in West Yorkshire and meets the criteria (there are so many that do) then you might be able to get 40% off your next digital investment. Below are the two schemes that area available with links.
Fishtank Creative aren’t a broker for these schemes and cannot ensure your eligibility or successful application. However, we are a relevant service supplier and if you’re successful, your grant can be used towards our costs for web design and other relevant digital services!
Digital Enterprise Support Programme
A business support programme that will help small and medium sized business (based in the Leeds city region – see map above) to develop their digital capacity and help increase their overall performance (competitiveness, productivity and profitability).
One of the key aims is to help local business to make better use of digital technology, including faster digital connectivity via superfast broadband and working smarter and more efficiently.
- Grants of 40% for eligible digital investment projects, subject to business contributing the balance (60%) toward their projects.
- Grant values will be subject to a minimum of £1000 and maximum of £5000.
- Projects could include upgrading a website, enhancing a digital connection, acquiring new hardware or software or enhancing a firm’s digital and social media platforms.
- One-to-one advice sessions, web and social media reviews, a programme of workshops/ masterclasses (to start in Spring 2017).
Further information on the programme and an eligibility check and application form can be found on the website: www.digitalenterprise.co.uk
LEP Capital Grant
The grant can provide between £10,000 and £250,000 to small and medium sized businesses who are based in the Leeds City Region (see map above), or planning to invest here.
The grant is available for businesses seeking assistance towards making a capital investment only (e.g. building alterations, new machines and equipment). In return for this grant they are expected to create full time permanent jobs in their company, calculated at a rate of £10k of grant per job. The main criteria that all applicants must meet is:
- Must be established for at least 12 months
- Must operate from a commercial premises
- Be based in the Leeds City Region (Anywhere in West Yorkshire, Barnsley, Harrogate, York or Craven)
- Be spending at least £50k and creating at least 1 job (Based on a company employing fewer than 50 staff) or spending at least £100k and creating at least 1 job (Based on a company employing between 51-249 staff)
- Generate the majority of their income by trading with other established businesses
- Operate in one of the LCR’s key sectors (Manufacturing, financial and business services, Digital and Creative industries, Life Sciences and related industries, Low carbon and environmental industries)
Further details of the scheme and enquiry form are on our website at: http://www.the-lep.com/for-business/business-finance/lep-grants/
The fabulous photo is of our Yorkshire-based client Stephenson Group